Precautions before your exam
Preparing for your exam
- Ⅰ. If you are, or suspect you might be, pregnant or have been taking medicine for any chronic disease, please tell us before the exam.
- Ⅱ. From 3 days before exam: Avoid drinking, overwork & overeating.
- Ⅲ. On the day before exam: Do not eat after 9 pm. and have an enough sleep.
- Ⅳ. On the days of exam:
- a.Do not have breakfast, water, medicine and avoid chewing gum & smoking. (Light exercise and tooth brushing are permissible.)
- b.Keep your valuables in the safety box provided by the hospital.
※ Thin Prep
- How to exam: Using a small brush, the cells on the surface of the cervix are collected and fixed in a container which has preservative. After removal of foreign substances such as blood, mucus, and inflammatory cells, only the cells necessary for diagnosis are selected and smeared on a slide to check whether the cells are normal or not under a microscope. Accurancy of test is 75%~80%.
- Precautions before Thin Prep
- Within 48 hours before the test;
- Do not have sexual intercourses
- Do not use Vaginal Washing, vaginal drugs(ex- vaginal tablet or contraceptives), tampon, and love gel.
- Test is impossible during period.