Health Promotion Center
Experts in the center are trying their best to perform early diagnosis and prevention through precise examination and diagnosis using cutting-edge medical equipments and facilities, and lead to healthy lives.
With the pride as the first and the best, we feel the responsibility for the community health promotion.
Preparing for your exam
- Ⅰ. If you are, or suspect you might be, pregnant or have been taking medicine for any chronic disease, please tell us before the exam.
- Ⅱ. From 3 days before exam: Avoid drinking, overwork & overeating.
- Ⅲ. On the day before exam: Do not eat after 9 pm. and have an enough sleep.
- Ⅳ. On the days of exam:
- a.Do not have breakfast, water, medicine and avoid chewing gum & smoking. (Light exercise and tooth brushing are permissible.)
- b.Keep your valuables in the safety box provided by the hospital.
Essential Health Screening Package
Screening fee: 350,000won (KRW)
- Internal medicine evaluation (past history, general examination)
- Body measurement (height, weight, BMI)
- Body composition analysis (BMI, body fat ratio, abdominal obesity)
- Visual acuity test (visual acuity, incomplete color blindness)
- Intraocular pressure (cataract, glaucoma)
- Fundus examination (change in fundus due to high blood pressure, diabetes, etc)
- Hearing test and hearing impairment
Cardiopulmonary response test
- Pulmonary function
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate
- Chest X-ray
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Upper abdominal ultrasound
- LDH (Lactate dehydrogenase)
Cancer index test
- PSA : male
- CA125 : female
General blood test
- RBC (red blood cells)
- Hb/Hct (hemoglobin/hematocrit capacity)
- RDW/PDW (red cell distribution width + platelet distribution width)
- ABO RH
- MCV (mean corpuscular volume)
- MCH (mean corpuscular hemoglobin)
- MCHC (mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration)
- PLT (platelets)
- WBC (white blood cells)
- Diff count
- HBs-Ag (s antigen for hepatitis B)
- HBs-Ab (s antibody for hepatitis B)
- Anti-HBc (c antibody for hepatitis B)
- HCV-Ab (c antibody)
- RA-Factor (rheumatoid arthritis factor)
- Anti-HIV (AIDS)
- VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory)
- TPHA (treponema palladium haemagglutination test)
Liver function test
- T-protein (total protein)
- AST (SGOT)
- ALT (SGPT)
- ALP (alkaline phosphatase)
- T-Bilirubin (total bilirubin)
- D-Bilirubin (direct reaction bilirubin)
- A/G Ratio
- FBS (Fasting blood sugar)
- HbA1c (glycated hemoglbin)
Kidney function test
- BUN (blood urea nitrogen)
- Uric Acid
- Free T3
- Free T4
- TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone)
- P (phosphor)
- Na (Sodium)
- Ca (Calcium)
- K (Potassium)
Pancreatic function test
- Ur. protein
- Blood (blood in urine)
- UBNG (Urobilinogen)
- S.G (urine pH)
- Kentone Body
- Urinary sediment (WBC, RBC, epithelial cell)
- Pap smear (Uterine carcinoma)
Abdominal X-ray test
- Bone structure, gas distribution in gastrointestinal, urinary calculus, calcification
- Prescription for preventive guideline for various disease
- Detailed medical and family history.
- Discussion and interpretation of all laboratory results.
- Recommendation of healthcare education and healthcare improvement.
- Medical follow-up and direct referrals to other specialists' services within the hospital can be arranged.
Deluxe Health Screening Package
Brain disorder examination (Brain MRI) : basic screening (350,000won) + 478,000won
Stroke examination (Brain MRA) : basic screening (350,000won) + 554,000won
Brain disorder examination (Brain MRI+MRA) : basic screening (350,000won) + 750,000won
What is stroke?
It is a cerebrovascular disease with body disorder and brain damage from the burst or blockage of blood vessel in brain. It is usually called as ‘palsy’, and can cause hemiplegia, speech disorder, or even human vegetable. If the proper period for treatment is lost, critical aftereffect will be occurred. Therefore, precise knowledge of the cause for risk factor of stroke should be needed to prevent any further damage.
Stroke is the most cases in death for Korean adult with more than 40s. For the past one year, 74 people per 100 thousand populations were dead from stroke.
Treatment of stroke
- For cerebral infarction, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) can be administered if the patient arrives within 5 hours. However, if time is elapsed, treatment of cerebral edema and complication prevention will be conducted to minimize dead brain cell.
- Preventive treatment
To prevent the reoccurrence of stroke, elimination of cause and TPA for infarction will be used.
Arteriosclerosis might cause stroke. Therefore, stricture area will be surgically removed or vasomotion via balloon will be applied to prevent stroke.
Diagnosis of stroke
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Brain MRI can diagnose hemorrhage, infarction, brain tumor, pituitary tumor, etc.
- MRA (Magnetic Resonance Angiography)
- MRA can determine arteriosclerosis, and is required to determine future treatment plan. Selection of proper drug and decision on treatment methods, such as vasomotion or intima removal, can be made according to this examination.
Types of stroke
- Cerebral hemorrhage: burst blood vessel
- Cerebral infarction: stricture in blood vessel
- Transient ischemic attack: it is major warning signal for stroke due to reflowing and blocking of cerebrovascular or thrombus.
Causes of stroke
- Hypertension: 60~70% of stroke is caused by hypertension
- Heart disease: 20% of stroke is caused by heart disease
- Diabetes: cause arteriosclerosis and internal infarction
- Habits causing stroke: smoking, heavy drinking, lacking exercise, obesity, excess stress
Symptoms of stroke
Brain has different functions by left and right brain. Therefore, which area is affected by stroke will show different symptoms.
- Usual symptom
- - hemiplegia, vision disorder, hemianesthesia, diplopia
- - Speech disorder, walking disorder, dizziness, seizure
- - Acute headache, vomiting, difficulty in deglutition
- Brain disorder with similar symptom
- Brain cancer, Parkinson's disease, encephalitis, parasite in brain, etc
Habit and prevention of stroke
Smoking and drinking should be declined.
Smoking is the most important preventive measure by patient.
Smoking might cause infarction not only heart failure, lung cancer, esophageal cancer, etc.
- Maintenance of proper weight and regular exercise should be implemented.
- Stroke is not only occurred for the aged person. It might be occurred to 30~40s from wrong habit and adult diseases like hypertension, heart failure, diabetes, etc. Prevention for stroke should be emphasized not only for aged person but also younger person.
- Proper treatment for cause and maintenance of healthy living habit can prevent stroke.
Premium Health Screening Package
Screening fee: basic screening (350,000won) + PET-CT(900,000won)
What is PET(Positron Emission Tomography)?
Positron emission tomography (PET) takes the image of FDG (fluorodeoxyglucose) distribution, which has similar radioactivity of positron emitting glucose. It can measure the functions of each organ and physiological reactions.
Living carcinoma cell shows active glucose metabolism, and consumes more glucose than the normal cell. Therefore, PET image can show the glucose consumption by carcinoma cell clearly. PET is utilized for the diagnosis of cancer with high glucose consumption, evaluation after radiotherapy and chemotherapy, reoccurrence after surgery, metastasis into other parts, etc.
In addition, brain PET image can be used for neurological and psychiatrical disease for dementia, epileptic seizure, cerebrovascular disease, etc.
PET can visualize the whole body, and has the superiority over cost. It is rapidly spread across the advanced countries, and widely accepted in the large medical centers in Korea.
Clinical use of PET
Diagnostic medical images are composed of computerized tomography (CT), nuclear resonance imagery (MRI) for the change in shape, positron emission tomography (PET) for the change in molecular biological function, etc. PET-CT is a new diagnostic method by taking imagery of PET and CT at the same time.
PET-CT is an advanced imagery diagnostics by combining PET, which aims for the early detection of tumor with more than certain size, and CT for precise positioning of tumor. In addition, diagnosis time can be reduced to 25~30 minutes with help of CT (PET only takes about 50 minutes), and combined imagery of PET and CT can help to locate the disease for radiotherapy.
PET is widely used for early diagnosis of cancer, determination of treatment efficacy, detection of reoccurrence, etc.
Especially, it is utilized in lung cancer, esophageal cancer, head and neck cancer, lymphoma, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, brain tumor, etc. After injecting radioactive medical substance with emission of positron via IV, PET-CT is utilized to image the distribution of injected substance. Metastasis of lung cancer, breast cancer, lymphoma, thyroid cancer, etc, evaluation after chemotherapy, and reoccurrence of carcinoma cell will be determined.
- Early diagnosis
- PET-CT scan can image the molecular biochemical change, and enable to diagnose before showing morphological change in tumor. In addition, carcinoma tumor and benign tumor can be divided, and unnecessary surgery might be prevented.
- Determination of stage
- PET-CT scan can precisely determine the stages of carcinoma cell. Especially, image of whole body will ensure any metastasis into other organs.
- Reoccurrence detection
- Periodic PET-CT scan will detect the reoccurrence of cancer after surgical removal of carcinoma.
- Efficacy determination of chemotherapy
- PET-CT diagnosis before and after of chemotherapy can determine the efficacy efficiently.
- Biochemical abnormality from carcinoma cell will be returned to normal before showing morphological change.
Examination method and precautions for PET-CT
- Examination method
- Fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) will be injected via IV, and take a rest for about 1 hour.
- While resting, excessive motion should be prevented. If you are under tension or moved, FDG will be consumed in muscle.
- For whole body image, diagnosis time will be about 30 minutes.
- Precautions during diagnosis
- It will diagnosed glucose metabolism, and fasting should be required throughout the night after having dinner at the previous night.
- Do not conduct excessive exercise on the day of diagnosis. Please make sure to arrive on time not to run for meeting scheduled time.
- Due to the preparation of FDG, cancellation on the day of diagnosis will not be allowed. If it is inevitable, please contact the reservation at least 1~2 days before.
- Diagnosis will not be painful but comfortable one.
Additional Close Examination
Please mark any exam in addition to basic exams if you would like to take at an additional charge.
|List of Exams||Related Diseases|
|CT||Brain CT||Brain diseases-Cerebral hemorrhage, Cerebral infarction, brain tumor, etc|
|Upper abdominal CT||Liver, Spleen, Pancreas, Gallbladder, Kidney Detailed examinations of abdominal organs|
|Upper abdominal CT + Chest CT|
|Upper abdominal CT + Chest CT + Heart CT|
|Chest CT||Precise diagnosis of Lung tumors and Thoracic diseases|
|Chest CT + Lung Cancer Exam Tumor Maker (2 types)||Chest CT+Blood work(NSE, Cyfra21-1)|
|Chest CT + Heart CT (+Coronary artery calcium score)||Diagnosis of lung cancer of heart disease caused by coronary artery diseases|
|Heart CT (+Coronary artery calcium score)|
|PET||PET-MR||To detect the location and status of the cancer lesion using minimum radiation expose.|
|Whole body PET/CT(TorsoPET )||To detect systemic metastasis of Lung, breast, lymph, or Thyroid cancers.|
|MRI/MRA||MRI(Brain)||Cerebral hemorrhage, Cerebral Infarction, Brain Tumor, Pituitary Tumor|
|MRA(Brain stroke exam)||Blood vessel stenosis and prediction of afterward blockage|
|MRI(L-spine:Lumbar Spine)||Herniated Intervertebral Disc(HIVD), Various Spine-related lesions.|
|Endoscopic Exams||Colonoscopy||Diagnosis of Inflammatory bowel disease and early detection of benign or malignant tumor in colons.|
|Endoscopy with Sedation|
|Sonography||Thyroid Sonography||Diagnosis of Thyroid Tumor or Thyroid Hypertrophy|
|Carotid Sonography||Early detection of Arteriosclerosis|
|Heart + Carotid Sonography||Early detection of Heart diseases ad Arteriosclerosis|
|Echocardiogram(Heart Sono)||Early detection of Myocardial infarction, Angina, Heart valvular disease, Myocardiopathy|
|Breast Sonography||Diagnosis of Fibroadenoma, Cystoma, Papilloma, Lipoma, Intraductal spread, Breast cancer|
|Prostate Sonography||Diagnosis of Prostate Hypertrophy or Prostate Cancer|
|Special Exams||Hepatitis A Exam(HAV-Ab IgG)||To detect Hepatitis A antibody formation|
|Bone density test||To detect Osteoporosis and its status|
|Obesity test||To detect the cause of the obesity|
|Vitamin D(25-OH)||Diagnosis of the deficiency or excess of Vitamin D|
|Biometiric age test||Comprehensive measurement of biological aging degree|
|Neurocognitive function test(Dementia)||Memory disorder, Agnosia, Aphasia, Apraxia, Aprosexia|
|Stress test||To measure the Stress Degree using Heart Rate Variability(HRV)|
|Detailed Allergy blood test (respiratory & food)||MAST(Inhalant), MAST(Food)|
|Breast X-ray test||Diagnosis of Breast Cancer, Breast Adenoma, Breast Cyst(s)|
|Human Papillomavirus test(HPV)||To detect the infection of HPV(Human Papillomavirus-The main cause of Cervical Cancer) and identity its type|
|Cervicogram||Detailed examination of Cervical cancer|
|Pap Smear||Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer|
|Tumor Gene DNA Bood test||To detect the change of cancer genes and diagnosis of methylated genes|