International Health Service Center
The International Health Service (IHS) Center at Yeungnam University Medical Center (YUMC) has been supporting foreigners seeking for medical attention at the Yeungnam University Medical Center since Sep 6th, 2006. Yeungnam University Medical center is one of the most outstanding hospitals in Daegu, Korea. The medical center plays an important role as a leader in education, research, and clinical excellence. YUMC focuses on delivering high-quality, patient-oriented care as well as on assuring customer satisfaction. The International Health Service Center is ready to serve foreign residents and international visitors.
Kim, Tae Nyeun, MD
Yeungnam University Hospital
How to contact
To make an appointment,
- 1 Call at 82-53-620-3500(IHS center)
- 2 Email to International@med.yu.ac.kr
- ※ Business Hour : 08:30~17:30
- ※ Korean & English are available.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions about appointment scheduling, treatment option in preferable physicians.
- CLINIC HOURS
- The Business hours of IHS Center: 8:30am - 5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
- The Business hours of YUMC Specialty Clinic: 9:00a.m. -11:30a.m., 2:00p.m.- 4:30p.m. (Mon-Fri)
∗ Please note that specialty clinic hours vary by department.
- CONTACT DETAILS
- By phone (coordinator): 82-53-620-3500
- By Phone (24-hour emergency): 82-010-4786-8001
- By fax: 82-053-640-6646
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By internet: www.yumc.ac.kr
- Address: 170, Hyeonchung-ro, Nam-gu, Daegu, Korea (zip code: 42415)
- EMERGENCY SERVICE
- YUMC emergency care center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The emergency care center, which is located on the first floor, can be reached by calling: ☏ 82-010-4786-8001
The International Health Service Center aims to establish ‘One Stop Service System’ which will minimize your discomfort and maximize your satisfaction. Our coordinators are fluent in Korean and English, and are available to assist you. Devoted English speaking volunteers are also ready to guide and interpret for you. Our goal is to make patient's trip to YUMC easy and Satisfying by providing proper, comfortable and friendly services.
- OUTPATIENT SERVICES
- Primary medical care service
- Routine physical follow up
- CONSULTATIONS AND REFERRALS
- YUMC has 26 clinical departments and 13 specialized centers.
- INPATIENT SERVICES
- YUMC has 959 bed facility with general, semi-private (2 patients), private (1 patient) and VIP rooms. Please ask IHS Center coordinator for actual room rates.
- Registered nurses with U.S. license are available to assist you.
- To improve our hospital services, we welcome your opinions. Please do not hesitate to speak to our coordinators, if you have any questions, complaints or compliments.
- INSURANCE CLAIMS SERVICES
- We claim against Tricare Prime only for patients.
- Food/Medical supplies
- 1 1st floor of main building : Coffee shop(A Twosome Place)
- 2 2nd floor of main building : Bakery & Medical supply shop
- 3 1st floor of Respiratory center : Cafeteria & coffee shop(Café Bene)
Please be aware that in-patients are not allowed to enter the cafeteria due to risk of disease and infection.
- Daegu Bank is located on the 1st floor of the Yeongui-gwan building.
- ATM machines are available throughout the hospital.
- 1 Free 4-hour parking : out-patients(who have hospital ID card or receipts for service provided and paid for on that day)
- 2 Free 8-hour parking : in-patients & their guardian(family) on the days of admission, surgery and discharge
- 3 Free 24-hour parking : patients (who had treatment at the Emergency care center)
- ※ If parking for 10 minutes or less, parking is free.
- ※ If parking for 30 minutes, parking fee is 800won.
- ※ If parking for more than 30 minutes, parking fee is 300 won for every 10 minutes.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT
- YUMC has a pay-in-advance policy for treatments, diagnostic tests and surgical procedures.
- For your convenience, YUMC accepts cash and credit cards such as Visa, Master Card, BC, American Express.
- English receipts will be provided for patients who need to file a claim to their medical insurance company.
- 1 You must consult with a YUMC medical professional first in order to be prescribed medication.
- 2 If you pay your bill at the payment desk, you can get your prescription. Go to the local pharmacies outside of this hospital with it and fill your prescription.
- 3 In special cases, prescriptions can be filled at YUMC's outpatient pharmacy in the main lobby.
- 4 Prescriptions should be filled within 7 days of the date of them being written. If not, you will have to return to YUMC to receive a new prescription at an extra charge.
Location for US Army
YUMC is about 5minutes away from Camp Walker by car
Yeungnam University Medical Center
International Health Service (IHS) Center
- Address 170, Hyeonchung-ro, Nam-gu,
Daegu, Korea (zip code: 42415)